Top 10 Prototyping SoftwareWhen you are deciding on the best prototyping tool to use, you can consider the following factors:
- Fidelity – Find out how powerful the tool is for visual and interaction design.
- Collaboration – Make sure you can co-design with your teammates/other designers or collaborate with stakeholders.
- Consistency – The tool must have features that ensure design consistency in your projects.
- Developer handoff – Discover how the tool builds assets and specifications for developers.
1. PrinciplePrinciple has a specialized timeline editor that is similar to Adobe Flash or Adobe After Effects. With this editor, you have better control over animations, which enables you to adjust and test details more easily compared to other prototyping tools. You can animate numerous objects at the same time through a dual timeline.
2. UXPinWhile UXPin is a prototyping tool, it is not just used for prototyping. It is accurately defined as end-to-end design software. Some of the prototyping features of this tool include responsive breakpoints, built-in UI libraries, advanced interactions and animations, and CSS styling.
3. FlintoFlinto focuses mainly on customizing animations — although not animations in general, but page transitions. The editor of this tool, Transition Designer, is specifically formatted for transitions. You can change the aspects of your transitions and the tool has a specialized viewer to make it go a bit faster compared to other tools.
4. Adobe XDAdobe XD recreates the pixel-perfect design options and vector-based visuals of Sketch, but adds the functionality of developer handoff, prototyping, and interactions. This tool has a feature called Repeat Grid, which is popular among users to speed up their work.
5. Origami StudioFacebook originally developed Origami to help design and build products, but it is now available for free. Compared to other prototyping tools, Origami requires more work to install, but once installed, you can start developing design concepts that simulate swipes, taps, scrolling, and page links.
6. Axure RPAxure RP provides additional features, such as conditional prototyping, but at the expense of a rigid learning curve. While this tool is quite complicated and aimed at those who have a lot of patience, most designers use Axure RP because it is powerful.
7. Proto.ioProto.io features templates for apps and websites to allow you to quick-start your project. The app is completely web-based, so you can run it on any platform. Proto.io has plugins that allow you to merge Photoshop and Sketch designs through a drag-and-drop function.
8. WebflowWebflow is like a mixture of a site management CMS and a prototyping software tool. Apart from the prototyping features of this tool, it enables you to control your hosting as well as other site management areas at the same place where you work on the design.
9. MarvelMarvel is a great prototyping tool aimed for those who have little or no experience in prototyping. It has a simple interface that almost does not have a learning curve, which makes it suitable for different levels of tech skill.
10. FramerFramer is based on the principle that with code, you can prototype anything, which results in innovative designs. The documentation of its coding language is well-structured and has lots of examples to show how the language works.
- List of Top Wireframe Software for Desktop 2018
- List of Top Online Wireframe SAAS Tools – 2018
- What Are Wireframes, Mockups, and Prototypes?
- Multiple Projects in Mockuptiger and How to share mockup tiger wireframe with others
Posted in Other | Tagged app prototype, best free wireframe tool, create wireframes, free prototyping tools, mobile app wireframe, mockup web design, mockups app, ui mockup tools free, ui prototyping tools, web ui design tools, website prototype tool, website wireframe template, wireframe app free, wireframe builder, wireframe maker, wireframe tools