In this tutorial we will explore the option to install a specially designed download for MacOS.
NOTE: If you are using Windows, Linux, MacOS and have your own setup of a LAMP, XAMPP, WAMP, MAMP or any other stack that has PHP+MySQL running, then you can simply use this barebone method of installing only the wireframe files.
In the following steps, we will simply download a Mac bundle of MockupTiger, unzip and move the files to the application folder. Once copied we start the server process and it will launch MockupTiger editor.
- Download the zip file containing MockupTiger for Mac (mockuptiger4mac.zip)
- Once downloaded and if you double click, the system would uncompress and place the “MAMP” folder in the downloads section
- Drag the “MAMP” folder into the “Applications” folder
- Please note that the MAMP folder should not be renamed to anything else.
- Now double click the “Applications” folder and then double click the MAMP folder (this was just transfered)
- Inside the “MAMP” folder, locate the “_start_MockupTiger.command” file
- Right click on this file and select “Open”
- Make sure you do not double click the first time, instead follow step#8 by right clicking and select ‘Open’
- Once you click ‘Open’ it will show a similar dialog box as below
- Click ‘Open’ to confirm your action
- It will start the server processes (Apache and MySQL)
- It will also launch the wireframe URL as http://localhost:8888
- The services will keep running until you shutdown or decide to stop the processes.
- To stop, locate the “_stop_MockupTiger.command”, right click and select Open. This will close all MockupTiger processes.